DXN was founded by Dato' Dr. Lim Siow Jin, a graduate from the famed Indian Institute of Technology. Dato' Dr. Lim has a deep interest in mushrooms and their relationship with human health.
After more than 20 years of careful research and scientific analysis, Dato' Dr. Lim discovered the specific benefits of Ganoderma or Lingzhi and its corresponding effects on human health. Realizing Lingzhi's importance and health benefits, Dato' Dr. Lim began sharing his knowledge about this miraculous herb among his friends and colleagues who mirrored his passion for good health.
Dato' Dr. Lim did not stop there. He felt that he should form a company that would help more people to get acquainted and utilize the benefits of this miraculous herb. In 1993, Dato' Dr. Lim's dream came true when he established DXN in Kedah, Malaysia.
- Doctorate in Philosophy (Alternative Medicines) by the Indian Board of Alternative Medicines
- BKM Award from the Sultan of Kedah, Malaysia
- Doctorate in Science (Alternative Medicines) by the Indian Board of Alternative Medicines
- Millennium Award by the International Association of Educators for World Peace in recognition of his steadfast commitment to world peace and friendship through holistic health and healing, thereby promoting a physically healthy, mentally strong and socially developed society
- Albert Schweitzer Award by the Positive Life Foundation in appreciation of his exemplary humanism, untiring peace activities and profound compassion in the spirit of the late Albert Schweitzer, a 1953 Nobel Peace Prize recipient
- DSM Award from the Yang Dipertua Negeri Melaka, Malaysia
- Physician of the New Millennium Award by the Alternative Medicines Research Institute (Canada)
- Certificate of Appointment as Senior Visiting Professor (Natural Healing & Ganotherapy) by the Open International University for Alternative Medicines
- Certificate of Fellowship World Health, Environment and Peace Foundation by the World Health, Environment and Peace Foundation
- Dato' Setia DiRaja Kedah (DSDK) Award from the Sultan of Kedah, Malaysia
- Mother Teresa International Award 2004
- Gold Badge of "Global Quality Management" from The Trade Leaders' Club and Editorial OFFICE, Geneva, Switzerland
- DXN CEO, Dato' Dr. Lim Siow Jin bestowed the Prominent Business Leader Award in the 2nd "Prominent Business Leaders Award 2010"
- Honorary Advisor of Peace Society Worldwide by Peace Society Worldwide, a Global Civil Organization for Universal Peace & Harmony, and working for the promotion & inculcation of the ideas & principles of world peace, harmony, tolerance, non-violence, international understanding and co-operation in conjunction with United Nations and its various agencies
- Award of Excellence For Service To Humanity by Peace Society Worldwide for his exceptional contribution to the Society
- Award of the honoris causa Degree of ACADEMIC FELLOW with rank of Professor by ACADEMIE SCIENTIFIQUE INTERNATIONALE VIE UNIVERS NATURE of TOULOUSE France
- The Medal of Brand Scientist. Dato' Dr. Lim Siow Jin awarded the Brand Scientist of the Year by Prime Minister of Pakistan, Mr Yousuf Raza Gilani (DXN Pakistan Country Manager, Mr Zarif Ahmed received the award on behalf of Dato' Dr. Lim Siow Jin)
- The “Tathagat International Excellence Award 2012” during the 6th International Conference on Ayurved and Complementary Systems of Medicine for his outstanding contribution in the field of health and wellness.